Wow! Summer sure has made a difference in how early I post!
I need to get a post or two ahead or pretty soon I'll be a
whole day behind.....!
You know I like to make things from tablecloths, shower curtains, pretty much anything made of fabric is fair game for me!
I was lucky enough to come across this America tablecloth a few months ago.
I planned on doing something with it for Memorial Day.
Then there was Flag Day.
Now it's 4th of July.
I was determined to not have to save it for Veteran's Day...
which is in February for goodness sake!
So here are the two large pillows I made.
In the interest of saving fabric, I used red and white ticking
for the back side.
I still have enough fabric left over for a couple more projects!
I plan to take some of the "America" strips to put on some tea towels.
It coordinates nicely with the little Americana footstool I made recently
It coordinates nicely with the little Americana footstool I made recently
I've been neglecting my sewing lately and have piles of fabric to use up!
Maybe Summertime will be a good sewing time for me!
I especially love it against the green porch swing...
Don't you?
Sharing with:
Common Ground
From My Front Porch To Yours
At The Picket Fence
Freckled Laundry
Pin It
Sharing with:
Common Ground
From My Front Porch To Yours
At The Picket Fence
Freckled Laundry










15 comments:
Love the pillows! They do look great on the green swing. Very cute project.
They are charming. Well done. Visiting from Common Ground. Olive Out
Wonderful pillows! I like the idea of it having the red ticking on the back side actually.
Love that you used a tablecloth for your fabric. The pillows are fabulous!
Jackie
p.s.looking for a Pinterest button?
That is a great re purpose. Love the Americana flavor!! I pinned it, super cute.
There is a pillow party going on now, I'll share the link with you =)
http://www.itallstartedwithpaint.com/2012/06/pillowpalooza-link-party-2.html
I admire you. I think I'm going to make pillows or something crafty, and it just never gets done. These are wonderful!
Yes I do love it against that green.Love this idea.Now if only I could sew.
((Hugs))
Anne
Oh yeah! I love it against the green background..which forms its own stripes in a way. Glad you got it done- I would hate to see you sewing a flag at Christmas time- xo Diana
The pillowa are great. Love this fabric!
I love it! What a great idea to use a tablecloth. You get so much fabric for a great price, too.
That started out as a great table cloth, now some wonderful pillows.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a great weekend.
Michele
I just came across your blog - saw your comment on another blog. I am your newest follower because we share so much in common, but I am not raising a whole new family! I will be back to read more.
What a great find in that tablecloth, love the coordinating ticking on the back. just perfect! thanks so much for coming to the party!!
Great pillows. I love any porch swing, but your combination is very inviting. Turned out great.
Everything looks cute Mom! You've done such a nice job..great decorative twists!! Love Shelli
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you and I read each and every one of your comments! I usually respond via email since the comments show up in my inbox. So even though you may not see a response posted here....I answer EVERY one!
Unfortunately due to the increasing amount of spammers out there...I will no longer accept comments from "anonymous".