Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Sewing

I go through spurts of sewing and this weekend I was spurting for some reason!
I thought I'd show you another side of what I do with some of the re-purposed clothing I make to sell. I find most all of my clothing pieces at thrift stores.

This bag is made from a skirt I have had in my "to do" basket for quite awhile.
It's frayed and shabby, just how I like it!


It gathers up with the ties or it can be left wide open as a huge tote.
I just loved the yummy colors and vintage feel of the fabrics in the original skirt.



I also have a sweatercoat made from a few re-purposed sweaters.


I love the cuff and named it the twilight sweater. 
I'm not a fan but all my kids and grandchildren are. 
I guess the sleeve seemed kind of gothic to me...like vampires.


I have two dresses I'm putting into the shop as well.
Both are made from various garments I've re-purposed.
Plus, I use vintage lace, buttons and trims.


First is the Rose Dress...named for the bronze colored fabric rose I made to dress it up a bit.
 It has an antique lace collar. I dyed it to give it a vintage feel.


The second one is the Lace Overlay Dress.




I used a large piece of a vintage tablecloth to embellish it. 
It's short as well and could be worn with boots over leggings or skinny jeans. 
In the summer it's great alone with a pair of sandals.



So, just wanted to share a bit about my sewing projects. 
Check out the Etsy shop if this is your kind of style. I also just added the vintage and antique china I found last week.




Sharing with :
Savvy City Farmer
From My Front Porch To Yours
Pin It

6 comments:

Bliss said...

Did I know you SEW TOOOOOO???? And if I did, I didn't know you sewed stuff like that! Anyone who sews is on my list of amazing people.

~Bliss~

Pamela said...

Those are awesome!! So very pretty!

savvycityfarmer said...

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!


xoxo

aarond said...

That is amazing. I so wish I coud sew. Just beautiful what you did. I hope you will stop by my NEW blog and become a follower. It's all about farm life, decorating, cooking, animals, and lots more. Hope to see you there!!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Y'all are so sweet! Thanks so much for the compliments!
Lorraine

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I will definitely stop by! I love finding new bloggy friends!
Lorraine

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and I read each and every one of your comments! I usually respond via email since the comments show up in my inbox. So even though you may not see a response posted here....I answer EVERY one!

Unfortunately due to the increasing amount of spammers out there...I will no longer accept comments from "anonymous".